pro's and con's : having a gamer for your significant other


My boyfriend is a gamer and has been for as long as I've known him. He plays games, watches videos of other people playing games and loves talking about games. I've had five and a half solid years of experience, so I've come up with a few pro's and con's.

P R O  
They have a good attention span. All those times of being completely zoned out to a game and tuning the world out has also honed their attention skills, meaning they will be able to hold a complete conversation with you without their mind wandering off.

C O N  
They zone into the game and become dead to the world. So many times I think I've been having a conversation with my boyfriend only to discover that he has a bank of phrases to utter back to me whilst he concentrates on the game. So half an hour later he has no idea what I've said to him.

P R O  
They spend hours playing games giving you hours of free time to do whatever you like. You want a three hour long bath and pamper session, wait until they switch on Call of Duty. You want to sit and watch chick flicks all night with chocolate and wine, wait until your other half decides to play 'few' games of Rocket League online with his friends.

C O N  
You actually want to spend some cute couple time together and maybe watch that chick flick under a blanket and share the chocolate. Tough, because they're yelling down the mic at the people they're playing online with and complaining about lag. You'll be watching that movie on your own.

P R O  
If you're into games yourself then you've got a gaming buddy. No need to go online for a two player match any more, plug in another controller and you're ready to go. You can even make small bets on the outcome and winner. For me this usually revolves around house chores or, ahem, adult things.

C O N  
If you're into gaming yourself then you've got a leach in your games. Gone are the days of tackling a boss battle yourself, they'll 'help' you defeat it. And by help I mean take the controller from you and do it themselves. Sure, that was satisfying watching you beat the game I've spent hours on up until this point.

P R O  
Sometimes the games they play have amazing story lines. I watched my boyfriend play through The Last of Us and honestly thought it was one of the best games I'd ever seen, purely down to the story. I never really played it, I'm too much of a scaredy to play, so I sat beside him and watched, which was still pretty good.

C O N  
Sometimes the games they play are completely shit. I've watched him play a huge amount of games that have been absolutely dreadful or have literally no story. So even though you try to seem like you're involved and interested in the game, you actually feel like you're dying inside, little by little.

So there you go, the pro's and con's of having a partner who's obsessed with games. I'm sure there are plenty more so if you have any to add let me know. I bet I will agree with you.

thank you for reading!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.