a simple day out, in photos









I've been pretty in active around here the last few weeks, haven't I? Sorry guys! I recently went down to visit my dad, who lives outside London, with my little brother, so I've been away from my laptop. We hadn't seen him since Christmas, and although it was good spending time with my dad and brother, it really was a challenge; Family relationships are hard. So after a pretty disastrous holiday there and with it being so busy at work, I kind of forgot all about my blog. However, now with 16 glorious days off work for a holiday, I can firmly say I have a few posts coming and will be blogging a bit more!

After coming back from my dad's, I was in an almost permanent bad mood for the next few days, thanks to all the arguing that had happened. So to cheer myself up, I decided to take a little pamper day all to myself. I don't usually spend a day out alone, but seeing as I was being quite moody towards Craig as a result of the holiday, I thought it best if I come out of my mood on my own. I took a bus into the city centre and went straight for Lush. I knew that a pamper session wouldn't be good without a few Lush bits and bobs. I bought a few of the Sex Bomb bath bombs, a few bubble bars, and a face mask. I spent about half an hour in there talking to the girls about different products and then decided that hovering around smelling everything was probably weird looking, so I decided to head out. I walked along Princes St and into Waterstones for a few new books. I spent a good hour browsing around, but settled on buying copies of books I previously had, but had given to charity a few years back. I bought 1984 - George Orwell, Dracula - Bram Stoker and The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald. The guy that served me thought I was studying literature or something when I brought them to him to scan, his face was quite funny when I told him I was just reading them again, as they're some of my favourites!

After the little chat, I left Waterstones and went down into Princes St gardens for a sit down on the grass and to enjoy a walk around all the flowers. It was pretty busy just because it was so nice and sunny outside, but I didn't mind. I had my camera out too, so I got a few funny looks here and there, but I suppose I'll have to get used to that eventually. I stayed there for about an hour reading and then grabbed a bus back to the flat. I went for a lovely hot bath, accompanied by the Lush stuff and obvz had time for a few posed photos in the mirror. #selfie #sorrynotsorry

After I came out of my bath, probably two hours later.. I lazed on the couch with a smoothie and watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off, one of my absolute favourite films. It never fails to cheer me up! I thoroughly enjoyed spending a day out by myself that I think I might make a monthly thing. It's nice to appreciate your own company sometimes and it really did bring me out of my silly bad mood!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.