last minute airport shopping


About a week and a half ago I went a little trip to my dad's for a quick visit. I stay in Glasgow and he lives in England near London, so I don't get to see him very often, if at all really. The visit was kind of a disaster, but I did manage to have a good nosey through the duty free before the flight on the way home. Nothing like a bit of retail therapy after spending time with family to cheer you up. Plus, the airport was insanely busy and I was bored just waiting around.

I didn't go wild as I'm trying to put a bit of money aside for savings. I bought two books and two beauty bits. The first book I bought was Get Your Sh*t together by Sarah Knight. I've read her other book so many times, The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k, which is a very good and lighthearted read about how to control exactly how much fucks you can give to a certain situation before you need to pull away from it. This time it's about organising your life and essentially getting your shit together to get exactly what you need to get done and doing it now.

The second book I bought was Find Calm by Anna Barnes. It's basically a little book full of meaningful quotes, tips and tricks to remain calm whilst under pressure of stress. I haven't finished this one, I've been picking it up here or there and reading a few passages but I think that's sometimes the way these books are meant to be read, in small chunks at a time.



As usual, I ended up wandering around all the beauty bits and found the Origins counter. I had used a sample of the charcoal mask before and remembered loving it so decided to buy a full size one. I've only used it once and so far I can't tell if it's working. I've came out in a lot of spots and blemishes but I don't know if that's because it's bringing out any imperfections to the skins surface? I'm also drinking a lot more water now so again that might be affecting it slightly. Who knows, I'll keep going with it anyway.

I also bought another Molton Brown hand cream as I absolutely adore them! I usually get the rhubarb and rose one but I couldn't find it there so bought the pink pepperpod instead which also smells so good. A little goes a long way with these little tubes as well, one will generally last me about 4-6 weeks before I need another.



I love duty free, I'm already looking into flights again soon, so maybe there will be some more buys shortly. There's also something I love about flying, it's just so peaceful and serene. I always get a window seat so I can stare out the window to the clouds and watch the ground disappear below me and I very rarely get out my seat once my seatbelt is on anyway. Hopefully next time I fly it won't be met with disastrous family get-togethers.

thank you for reading!  
keep up to date with all posts on bloglovin!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.