getting my shit together


There's something about moving home that's spurred me into doing exactly what my title would suggest, getting my shit together. For the last six months to a year I've basically turned into the type of person that constantly says "I'll do it tomorrow", and then tomorrow rolls around and I'll postpone it another day. I made so many promises to myself this year that I haven't stuck to - I wanted to lose some weight and get fit, at least to the point where I can climb a few sets of stairs without being out of breath at the top. I wanted to become vegetarian, and my complete lack of will led me to eating a pepperoni pizza and then it was a meat-filled downward spiral from there. I wanted to get back into art and making things, get back into playing the piano and learn how to write in cursive. I've done none of those things.

This new flat has been a blessing in disguise. Although we ultimately decided to move after losing Winry and Craig moving office, it's been a good thing. I have more motivation to be creative now, I have more time to actually spend time on things and not rush it through. I can hear myself think now that I'm not slap bang in the middle of a bustling city, I'm really a country-bumpkin at heart.

I'm going to make myself a few promises from now until the end of the year - 

one.
I want to cut down the amount of meat I eat and eventually become completely vegetarian. I don't eat a lot of meat anyway, but I'm going to start by trying to cut down meat portions to once or twice a week. I was vegetarian for a month and then my will broke, but I want to stick to it this time.

two.
No more takeaways (within reason!). This has led to me putting on a lot of unwanted weight which I'm now struggling to lose again. Queue all the healthy foods from now on.

three.
Make at least one thing per week. Whether that's a drawing, painting, something I've physically put together.

four.
Write blog posts at least three times a week. I used to love blogging, it was such a creative outlet for me. I fell away from it for months and months and basically lost all interest in blogging and the whole blogging community, but that interest is slowly creeping back and I'm enjoying being a part of it again.

five.
Don't put off to tomorrow what I could do today. This is the main one for me. My laziness has basically produced a whole other personality that seems to take over whenever I have something I need to do. It's really strange because in any job I've ever had, I'm the least laziest person ever, but the second I cross my front door the enthusiasm for stuff just fades away. This needs to change, because it's making getting anything important done very difficult.

I always make these promises to myself and then shy away or forget about them eventually, but I actually want to stick to them this time. I've also written them on the inside of my diary so it's literally the first thing I see when I open it now. Hurray for motivation!

thank you for reading!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.