new year, new me?


First off, you'll have to excuse the photo quality, it was taken on my phone as I currently can't find the charger for my camera battery, so grainy iphone photos will have to do for now.

Second, HAPPY NEW YEAR! I can't believe it's 2017 already. I've already written 2016 twice today and had to scribble harder over the 6 with a childishly written 7. I can almost guarantee that it's going to happen for a few more weeks at least. I feel like I say this every year, but honestly, how quick did 2016 fly in? I can't help but agree with all the memes saying 2016 is the year that we just don't talk about any more. It really was a mostly shit year.

There were a few things that stood out for me. Craig and I moved back to Glasgow, we had a great holiday with loads of friends and I discovered that I don't feel the need to please people any more. That last one, honestly, if you're going to have a resolution for 2017, make it that. It's so refreshing to be able to say no to people and not feel guilty about it. However, it also came with it's bad points. Our beautiful little kitty sadly crossed that rainbow bridge, I've lost touch with several close friends and I barely see my family any more. So, there's plenty to improve on.

I've decided to actually give myself some resolutions this year. I usually avoid the whole 'new year, new me' rubbish but I'm going to try and give myself some small goals this year.

1. Cut out fizzy juice.
This is my biggest vice - coke. I drink so much every day and it's clearly not good for me. I weighed myself the other day and I almost sobbed at how much weight I've put on. I haven't changed my diet in years and I don't particularly eat that unhealthily, however the amount of coke I drink is stupid. Time to cut it down.

2. Start exercising and join a club.
I used to be so active. I had something planned every day of the week, Tae Kwon Do, badminton, trampolining, cross country running or literally just taking a pair of skates down to the skatepark. Now, I do nothing. It's so bad. I've let myself get so unfit that walking up a few flights of stairs is enough to take me down. I'll still pretend I'm fine at the top and do that awkward slow breathing so you can't hear I'm out of breath. Come on, you know what I'm talking about. No time like the present to change.

3. Save money for important things.
Craig and I have been talking about buying our own place for years now and we've never got around to actually saving for it. Again, no time like the present to start. We both earn a reasonable amount, so it shouldn't take too long to save a sizeable deposit.

That's all I'm really giving myself this year. I think I'll struggle with the coke one the most, as I genuinely have a glass of it sitting next to me as I type this. Stupid devil juice. I'll get there, though.

I've also set aside some small goals for my blog this year. I really want to get back into enjoying blogging as the last few months I seen it as nothing more than a chore, so I need to get excited about it again. I'm currently writing down a few ideas for now and fleshing them out, so we'll see how that goes.

Anyway, I'm off to finish my coke (without pouring another glass..) and watch a film. I've been watching through all of The Lord of the Rings again and then I'm moving onto The Hobbit. I love me a bit of Tolkien. Craig bought me a copy of The Silmarillion for Christmas and I don't know how I've gone so many years without reading it! If you like The Lord of the Rings then give a read, you won't be disappointed.

Again, happy new year to those of you who still read this little blog. Love you all!

thank you for reading!  
keep up to date with all posts on bloglovin!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.