Finding the right pair of glasses


I've worn glasses for pretty much as long as I can remember. The first time I can clearly remember getting a pair of glasses I refused to look through them and instead wore them at the bottom of my nose so I could look over the frames. My mum soon caught wise though and that was swiftly stopped. I think I was about four when I got my first pair, twenty-two years later and I'm still wearing glasses and probably will for the rest of my life.

Glasses have always been something that bothered me. I was bullied in primary school for wearing glasses, being called the usual "specky" and such. Yet now, people actually buy glasses to wear without prescriptions in them because they're fashionable.  If I'd have known this was going to be the case so many years later I wouldn't have let it bother me as much as it did!


Since that point, I've been wanting to get glasses that I feel suit me. I generally always had my glasses chosen for me by my mum and then because my prescription is so high, she always had to pay to have them thinned so I wouldn't have massive thick lenses that would have probably added to the teasing at the time. Now, I'm obviously choosing my own my frames, I like to go for a certain style. Which pretty much comes down to a black frame, with either thick legs or frameless at the bottom. I used to always go to Specsavers, but then I discovered that if you have a copy of your prescription, you can essentially buy them online, and they're generally (in my experience anyway) cheaper to buy.

I have three pairs of glasses at the moment, one from Specsavers, which are the ones with the pink at the end of the legs, a pair from Glasses Direct which are the thicker framed pair and then a pair from Glasses Shop, which are the Wayfarer style.



I do actually love wearing my glasses now, and my favourite pair has to be the Wayfarer Style from Glasses Shop. They're the comfiest and easiest to wear and the style I think suits my face really well. As I have a high prescription the lenses are quite thick, and given they're essentially frameless at the bottom, it makes the thick lens really easy to see. People with normal small prescriptions would never have this problem, though.

It's this pair I usually choose to wear out of the house and keep the other two as my sort of casual sit in types as they aren't as fancy looking, basically!

If you interested in ordering your glasses online, all you need is your prescription which you can easily get by asking for a printed copy from your optician. Then you just type in your details and order whatever frames you like. Glasses Shop currently have a buy one get one free sale on too! There's a few pairs on there I'm probably going to order on payday at the end of the month, including a pair with gold detailing on the frames!

What do you think of ordering glasses online?

* This post was written in collaboration with GlassesShop.com. All opinions are my own. *

thank you for reading!  
keep up to date with all posts on bloglovin!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.