It feels a little like summer


The last few days have been a small glimpse into the warm weather to come and I can honestly say I am so looking forward to some sunshine and heat. Whilst I do love being cosy in jumpers and scarves etc, there's nothing I love more than heading outside in a pair of shorts & t-shirt and just walking about enjoying the sun. Which is exactly what Craig and I did. Although it's not quite warm enough for shorts, a pair of light trousers were substituted. We took a wander down along the river and back again, which took about two hours but it was nice to just walk, even in silence.

Things have almost slowed to a stop recently. We've been saving for a mortgage so we haven't been able to go out and do as many things that we usually do, but it'll all be worth it when we finally own our home. Which we probably should have sorted a while ago, but anyway. Other than that, I'd say I've completely disconnected from the internet. I've deactivated and deleted Facebook - it's rubbish anyway, just full of fake news, animal cruelty videos, and people updating that they're either at the gym or having dinner - I've stopped blogging. I've even stopped reading blogs, which I never thought I'd do. It's just lost all interest for me and I don't think I'll find that interest again any time soon.

I can't keep up with other bloggers any more, it just feels more like a competition between all these massive bloggers and all the little bloggers are bitching and moaning about literally everything that happens online. I swear, some people need to calm down and realise that it's simply just a blog sometimes.

I know I shouldn't say that, blogging for some people is their job/career, but yeah, sometimes it's a little too much to read and feels like people get angry for the sake of it.

Anyway, this was a quick little update to say I'm still alive and well. Mostly. I'll try and get back to a normal routine around here eventually. Or, I might give up on 2017 and hold out for 2018 for HelloZelda and go for a fresh start. We'll see.

thank you for reading!  
keep up to date with all posts on bloglovin!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.