Oh hey, Benefit Push Up Liner!








When June 28th rolled around, I knew I was going out to buy one thing, Benefit's Push Up Liner, from the 'They're Real' range. I remember when I heard about this launching and thought that it was a pretty genius idea, knowing that I adore gel liner pots, I knew this would be perfect for me. After searching for some product reviews, I inevitably found some kicking around from some of the bigger bloggers who had received the product early to test before it was launched. Also, sorry for the use of "bigger bloggers", I couldn't think of a better way to describe them, but we all know who gets to test every new product before launch anyway.

After reading the glowing reviews from these blogs, I knew that this was a product for me. A gel liner in a handy little push up pen, with a flexible nib that allows the liner to hug close to your lash line? It sounds perfect. So on my lunch from work, I wandered over to Boots and to the Benefit counter, where the girl on the counter was amazingly nice and sold me my nice new gel liner and also a free sample of the They're Real Remover. I went back to work totally chuffed that this was going to revolutionise my make up routine and I wouldn't have to worry about using those little pots of black gel goodness any more, I had a perfect new replacement.

I opened up the liner and pulled out the little orange stopper thing and began twisting, slowly, to see the product come out. I was must have done about ten twists and nothing had happened yet, which I thought was a little odd. I was scared in case I twisted to far and it shot out all at once, but nope, twenty odd twists later, and still no product. I must have twisted that bottom bit at least forty times before I noticed the tiniest bit of product come out. Better late than never, eh? I took my usual position, using my other hand to hold my eyelid gently, I started close to the inner corner and swept it across my lid, like I would a gel liner brush and aimed for a nice neat black line. I was a little surprised that after the reviews I had read that I didn't achieve this. Yes, the product did remain close to my lash line, wonderfully close in fact, but I did not manage to get a black solid line. The product came out quite thick and a little dry for me, so it sort of felt like it was scraping the product across rather than just sweeping without pulling. I twisted a little more product out and finished off my typical winged liner and observed in the mirror.

It was a little uneven and needed touched up in the middle where the product had kind of run dry and twisted out more. I did notice that right next to my lash line was covered in solid back, but coming up from that was a little faded and sparse. I think the consistency surprised me a little, it's a bit to thick for my taste, but I might just need to practice with it. I do plan on using it again, as I really do find the idea of this product amazing, but think it just needs a bit of getting used to. I suppose when I started using gel liner over liquid liner that there were some teething problems there, but now I wouldn't go back to liquid liner. so I hope it will be the same with this!

Overall, I am pretty happy with this, but I think if you're used to liquid liner and jumping straight to this that it will be a little bit of a shock. Unless you're a make up genius of course, which I'm certainly not, haha! Priced at £18.50, it's not the cheapest liner to buy, but you should definitely give it a go!

Click here to see my latest attempt at winger liner using this! «

Love,
Kirsty.

3 comments

  1. This sounds a little stubborn at first but certainly worth waiting for I guess :) I have seen that Maybelline have one out which looks similar, I may try that one first, only because it is cheaper.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely think it takes a little getting used to! I've seen that Maybelline have a similar one out, I might have to try that as well, just to see if it compares! x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this honest review, it's on my wishlist but I'm a liquid eyeliner gal so now I'm wondering whether I would get used to it, don't want to waste my money if not :/ xx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.