Jamie's Scottish Evening - King James Hotel



A little while ago, I was invited to come along to a blogger event at the King James hotel on Leith Street in Edinburgh. I never usually get to go to events as I'm always working, but luckily, this fell slap bang on the first day of my holiday, so it tied in nicely. The event itself was to attend Jamie's Scottish Evening, a fun night of delicious food and Scottish entertainment. I was really looking forward to it, as growing up my mum was a Highland Dancer and loves all things Scottish, so I knew it would be a good evening!

On arrival we were given a short tour of the hotel and were shown around the restaurant, bar and function rooms and such, which for a hotel in the city were nice, with an almost homely feel. Shortly after the tour we were taken back to the bar for a quick drink before heading downstairs to the actual event itself.





The night itself was a pleasant evening of songs, entertainment and delicious food. The highlight for me was the food itself, it was delicious. I opted for soup for a starter, beef for the main and cranachan for desert, followed by a little bite of haggis, neeps and tatties after the very traditional toast to haggis.





It was a very enjoyable evening, something I'd probably do again, for family coming from England to Edinburgh for a visit. The audience itself was quite tourist heavy, which is something I think the evening relies on, given that a lot of the jokes are based on Scottish humour. If you're looking for a fun evening with a bit of Scottish tradition, you should definitely check it out!

thank you for reading! // bloglovin | twitter | instagram

1 comment

  1. This looks like a lot of fun! The dinner looks fab too!

    Carrie xx
    carriebrighton

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.