what I buy when I should be saving for a mortgage



The lighting in my living room is absolutely terrible at the minute, I cannot wait until summer and all those precious hours of sunlight and photo taking opportunity come flooding back. Right now I'm having to get a kind of balance between what little light comes in my window and other artificial lights around the flat, which don't look too bad in the photo!

So as the title suggests, Craig and I are saving (attempting) for a mortgage. Given this information, you wouldn't think that my recent purchases reflect this, would you? I mean, I'm supposed to be saving money to secure my future home and I spend £1000 on a macbook, along with various other items. I spent  o n e  t h o u s a n d  p o u n d s  on a macbook. I cannot believe I actually spent that much money on one item. When I was in the store, the sales adviser came over to me asking if I needed any help and when I heard the words come out of my mouth, "I'd like to buy this macbook, please", I couldn't wrap my head around it. But finally, after years of wanting and lusting after those beautiful laptops, I finally own one. *eep*

I absolutely love it, it's just so beautiful and sleek. I've been wanting to buy one for around six years. I remember asking for one for my 18th birthday, but given that they are so expensive, my mum or dad didn't feel the need to spend that much money on a laptop for casual use. So the years went on and I kept putting it off and putting it off, always thinking of a better way to spend the money. Until finally, a few days ago, I gave in to my better judgement and bought one. I did have a little bit of spare money sitting there, courtesy of an awesome tax rebate (thank you hmrc!) so the guilt isn't too bad! I've now customised the settings, picked out a pretty wallpaper, downloaded photoshop and installed spotify. It runs like an absolute dream and the battery life is amazing, if you have the opportunity, I highly recommend getting one! (it is hard getting used to the OS and keyboard though..)

I've also spent a little bit on a few new nail polishes from Essie, the polishes pictured are from one of the duo sets I got from Boots containing Fiji - a lovely pale pink and A Cut Above - a beautiful rose gold glitter, which looks amazing when layered on top! The phone cover I picked up in Paperchase, for the iphone 6 which, obviously, because of the cat was right up my street. Who doesn't love a cat in hipster glasses? The planner at the left hand side is a new planner I got around one or two weeks ago, which I am so excited to be blogging about properly soon. Isn't the colour amazing though?

Anyway, I feel this post was a little bit of a rambling of words just coming straight from my brain, with no flow or anything. I suppose that's what I get for not blogging regularly enough, my brain to blog coordination is off. I think the title should just be changed to, "la la la I bought a macbook..."

If you have any tips for customising or tricks for shortcuts for mac, please let me know!


thank you for reading!
you can also follow me here:
twitter | instagram | bloglovin

2 comments

  1. Yay, gotta love a new MacBook! :) My most used shortcut is 'cmd+shift+4', it's a screengrab where you choose exactly what you want to grab by drawing a little box around it. Really handy for saving little logos from websites, or quickly saving your instagram photos from the site to your computer!
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't regret it! Macbooks are the best! xo

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.